3 gifts acorn small:
- wee little tree my son planted from an acorn last fall
- the VERY last cherry tomatoes from my garden
- marshmallows floating in my kids’ hot chocolate on chilly days
3 gifts government:
- my husband got to work the polls, enjoy meeting some interesting pollsters, and because he’s so young, got mistaken for an FBI agent:)
- that we live in a country where I can vote and pray freely for my leaders 🙂
- thankful that “the government will rest upon His shoulders”
3 gifts from my window:
- hedge of burning bush, firing red over the yard
- children playing in the fallen leaves
- weeping cherry lazily dropping yellow onto my lawn
a gift sweet, salty, sipped:
- amazing Gala and Cameo apples straight from the farm
- chips and salsa on Mexican night
- gingerbread tea
3 gifts harvest:
- harvest of friendship–Girl Talk with the Belmont Girls, making journals for the women’s prison inmates, talking, laughing, weeping, praying and (of course) eating together like the sisters the Lord has made us
- lettuce and spinach coming in from my raised bed garden
- dead sunflowers still blowing in the wind–watching the birds harvest their seeds all fall has been so fun!
3 gifts in Bible reading:
- “For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.” Colossians 2:9-10
- “Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear.”
(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.) Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.” Revelation 19:6-9
- “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘But the righteous man shall live by faith.'” Romans 1:16-17
3 gifts of remembrance:
- Family members participating in the military in every major war and most “police actions” in our history–from Revolutionary War to Operation Enduring Freedom and everywhere in between.
- weekly communion at church, remembering that Jesus gave His life for us
- remembering “Jehovah Jireh” truly is the name of God, and He is faithful
And more than anything, I’m so thankful that Blue Eyes’ sweet friend was not critically wounded in a scary fall she took yesterday. While there are some injuries, there are none as serious as I feared, and that the saints were already gathered and she and her family were bathed in prayer immediately.