Another busy week, recovering from the backpacking trip and getting ready for a long weekend conference in Ohio with my eldest daughter. We’d never been on a trip like this together and we had so much fun! Here’s my list for the week:
Three hard eucharisteos:
- Finding out we’ll be walking the unemployment road again, come August.
- Knowing God is our provider, not man
- Not knowing what this path ahead will look like, again:), and realizing, well, we never really do. That’s what faith is all about, right?
Three gifts woven together:
- sheets to cover my shivering little plants
- green throw to snuggle under and read with my Doodlebug
- hearts of friends so dear
Three gifts inherited:
- Those dimpled smiles all my kids have from my husband
- The sense of adventure in my daughter as we set out for a long weekend conference in Ohio
- Love of learning and finding out from my parents
Three gifts found at The Great Homeschool Conference:
- A new love of learning for my daughter. Apologetics and world religions and worldviews came alive for her.
- So many people, all so different, but a sense of wonder at seeing so many loving families in the midst of the same educational walk as ours. Very motivational and encouraging!
- time to laugh together–the Three Little Pigs in Shakespearean English. Gave us the giggles:)
A gift stacked, stashed, stilled:
- books stacked up, promise of learning to come in the fall
- fun finds stashed away for little ones at home
- Between 300 and 500 teens and their parents gathered together, anticipating skyping with Chuck Colson about the importance of a Christian worldview. While we didn’t know it was his last day on earth and he was obviously too ill to make the call, I am so thankful for the man whose heart was stilled that day. His life truly was a picture of what the grace of a merciful God can do. Well done, Mr. Colson, for a life well lived and a race faithfully run to the end. You would have been pleased to see so many teens on fire, the torch passed on to the next generation.
Three gifts found in Christ:
- “This third I will bring through the fire, refined as silver is refined, and tested as gold is tested. They will call on My Name, and I will answer them. I will say ‘These are My people.’ And they will say ‘The LORD is my God.'” Zechariah 13:9
- “For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “yes” and through Christ, our “amen” ascends to God for His glory.” 2 Corinthians 1:20
- “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the Father.” Hebrews 12:2