Another blink of the eye, another week gone. In many ways, just another week of baking bread, teaching math, laundry, wild early spring weather, family Greek Olympics. In other ways, it was different. Trying to figure out what our lives are about to look like, what we should do, not wanting to do it, all these things can lead to a frantic heart.
My goal for the week is to be still and know I AM. Not an easy task, even though it is commanded in Psalm 46:10. I am renewing my efforts to know I AM by recounting His blessings of the past week:
- No damage from the storms Thursday
- A kind note from an aunt
- paper mache and conversation with another family
- “talking” back and forth on Facebook with a friend in a similar situation, encouraging each other in prayer
- bed sheets and baklava in the family Olympics
- studying the book of Daniel with one of my heroes of the faith
- newborn calves
- a wonderful sister who had a birthday this week!
- Coming home from work in the dark and peeking through the door at the scene of my husband playing the guitar, as he and the kids worship and pray. There’s no place like home!